Sunday, November 15, 2015

Goodbye House

  Interesting shadows on the house!

We downsized to this house in 2010 and totally rehabbed it to make it more accessible for me using some of the principles of Universal Design.  It was a long haul but we finally finished it, only to realize that not only do we hate CT winters but we really can't afford CT's high cost of living (the highest in the country, I think.)

We loved the pool and the solar shower that Steve put in...I think that's what I will miss the most!


A shot from last summer.


This is the solar shower enclosure that Steve built.


Rear view of the house...the top level is the apartment we rented out.


My favorite tree!


The garage and breezeway entry...on the right side of the garage you can see the ramp Steve built for me.


1 comment:

Steve said...

Its been a great house with lots of projects for me to do. A labor of love to be sure. I'll miss it quite a bit, but looking forward to whatever our new adventure becomes. We'll be back at an area campground next summer to spend time with kids, grand kids, and friends. But for now. . . . .we are gettin' out of Dodge.