Friday, March 20, 2015

3/19/15 Huntington Beach State Park, Murrells Inlet, SC

So I don't think I have said how much I like this State Park!  Technically you are supposed to make reservations through Reserve America, but I don't like paying their fee, but our friends were right...State Parks always keep a site or two open for walk-ins.  We were able to get three nights, two in one site and one in another.  We might have been able to get more but that's all I wanted.  The sites are quite big, part gravel and part grass.  There are lots of trees and it feels very tranquil here.

Yesterday was raw and rainy, but when outside of our rig I could hear the waves crashing on the shore!  I wanted to see the Atlantic one more time!  And guess what Steve saw up at the office!  Yep, a beach wheelchair!  Another reason to camp in State Parks!  The beach access we used today was much shorter and had more boardwalk.  The tide was way out, but no shells today.


We were cold but for me it was worth it (not so sure for Steve or Pippin!) 

The other things we did yesterday were some home improvement projects.  I think our bedroom is difficult to keep warm and/or cool, so Steve went out to Lowes and got a huge roll of Reflectix, basically bubble wrap with foil on each side.  We had seen this suggestion in a recent list I shared on Facebook.  He covered two of the windows...the most important being the one behind our pillows!  Then we just pull the blinds over it.



Another problem for me is the light that comes through the skylight in the shower shines right on my face and wakes me up too early.  We have tried various things to shade me, but Steve had another idea...actually covering the skylight, with something that can either be up or down.  This is his first prototype...just a piece of cardboard velcroed up there!



It worked great except right along one edge, so the next one will be a little bigger!

No comments: