Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Murrells Inlet, SC

Today was our day to explore Murrells Inlet, and for me to stroll down memory lane.  As I mentioned yesterday, my family spent many April vacations tent camping at Huntington Beach State Park, and I still recall many of the places we visited.  It was chilly today, never getting out of the 50s so we stayed in the car for most of the day.  We've been spoiled by Florida weather!

We had to get to SC to finally see some alligators!



When we were kids we always went to Nance's for roasted oysters.  My mom swears they are the only oysters she will eat because of the way they roast them.  Makes them taste more like clams than oysters.



We always visited this hammock shop in Pawleys Island because they make the only "real" hammocks!


A favorite destination is virtually across the street from this campground.  Brookgreen Gardens is filled with breathtaking sculpture, both gigantic and small and gorgeous gardens.  I am disappointed we won't be here on the 21st because they are having their annual garden show.


No comments: