Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day of NO Misadventures!



Fun day with Gram on St Simons Island!  Only in the 50's today with a wind, so we wore several layers.  First was lunch at Barbara Jean's...one of the restaurants I found that has a gluten free menu...I had a double-sized salad with grilled catfish which is a fish I don't eat very often...quite tasty.


Next we took a cold and windy two hour trolley ride around the island...I think we ended up on our third choice of trolley tour but we still enjoyed seeing the sites to decide if there was anything special we want to revisit.


More shopping--a new sweater for Pippin and souvenirs for the grandkids (pretend you didn't just read that if you are reading this M&J!)


By now I was feeling a bit peckish so we stopped into a little bar and I had a plate of Wild Georgia (peel and eat) Shrimp!  Quite delish!


Made our plan for tomorrow and then back again to our little home-away-from-home!  A whole day without any misadventures!


Note:  It sounds like I'm the only one who ate but I didn't think everyone would want to know what everybody had! (Of note were Gram's Cheesy Grits and She-Crab Soup, Steve's burger & fries and fried clam strips with a beer!!!)





No comments: