Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sarasota, FL

We drove north from Fort Myers to Sarasota yesterday and I knew we would have the afternoon free.  So what did we do?

This beach had a nice ramp from the parking lot up to the dune level and then a boardwalk out to the sand.  It was quite accessible for me.  It was supposed to be known for good shelling, but again we were disappointed. We did not see any signs about turtle nesting, etc. so not sure how this beach got its name.



I swear I saw a Ray or a Skate jump out of the water about 20 feet off shore...black square thing about 2 feet square.  I kept watching but did not see it again.


It was later in the afternoon, so when the sun started to go down it got quite chilly so we packed it in.

We went looking for a free place to dry camp, and found a Cracker Barrel.    We were surprised to learn that this Cracker Barrel recently changed their rules and no longer permitted RVs to stay overnight for free!  After some gentle persuading the manager allowed us to stay one night, which is all we needed.  I hope this isn't a nationwide policy change!  Of course, Steve got breakfast there in the morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that it is the wrong time of the year for shells -- although I haven't a clue what makes the right time! Sigh...
Gram

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

I am thinking that the advice to go at low tide must be critical!