Monday, February 10, 2014

Internet problems thus the delay! 2/10/14

Woke to another sunny morning though it's a bit chilly--think is went into the 40's last night.  

Have some great news!  I couldn't find my Kindle when we got to this campground and was in a bit of a fit looking through everything we had packed up from the last Q.  Called the hotel to ask if they had found it by any chance in our room.  Received a call back somewhat later saying they hadn't found it.   😥    Then last night someone else called from the hotel to say they had really torn the room apart and btw what color cover did I have on my Kindle?  They had found it!   ☺️  They are mailing it to my step-mom's house here in FL!  Yippee!  

It warmed up fast so I did my pedaler outside in the sun:



Steve discovered that we lost a bolt and a cotter pin to our tow car light system, so the campground directed us to an RV service center to get replacement parts.  Brake lights still are working on our tow car but we need to secure the wires better.  But no luck there.  We're going to keep it the way it is for now.  Then gas and a few groceries!  Found a Super Walmart, so we all went in...I need more shorts and tops!  Found a few tops and started working on our grocery list until Pippin got too antsy so she and I came back out to the rig for lunch and Steve continued with the list.  There is a Lowes right here so Steve is going to check there for the parts he needs.  He found what he needed but it took quite awhile. Haven't gone five miles and it's 2:00 already...and we both got up at 7:30!  

When we finally got on the road, we made it as far as Daytona and got a site at Daytona RV and Garden for $22 (saved $22).  I noticed there is a thrift shop right next door so we'll go there in the AM.  Somehow we lost our sewer hose and we just realized we don't have any propane tanks for the grill so back to Walmart at some point.

So far we have saved $100 dollars by using Passport America campgrounds and they have been everywhere we wanted to camp.  Very satisfied campers!  ðŸ˜Š


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurrah for honest hotel employees! Glad you got your Kindle back… do you have book reviews? What are you reading now?

Anonymous said...

Tuesday AM

I think I have figured out the time delay. Evidently, BlogSpot processes messages on the west coast so they time stamp your blogs and our comments at west coast time -- three hours before our east coast time when we actually posted. So add three hours....

We are facing below 10 degrees most of today, ice and snow tomorrow. You have every right to gloat.

Mom

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

I am currently reading Orange is the New Black. I should write reviews! So relieved it was found!

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

On no, I won't gloat...I'm just happy we're not there! I heard Steve say tonight that if we don't get home until March 15th, oh we'll. I was so happy to hear that!