Friday, February 7, 2014

Swimming! 2/7/14

Woke to the first really sunny day although it is still chilly in Florence, SC.  Took showers in the rig this morning since JI helped us figure out how to fill the hot water heater last night.  Heaven!  

I anticipate us driving into a substantial rainstorm as we travel south to Savannah, GA.  Steve is getting groceries now at a Food Lion here in Florence while I exercise and blog.  

Stopped for lunch at the SC/GA line and for the first time opened the window of the rig to let some fresh air in while we ate!

Just saw the first Spanish Moss, still in S C...we're getting closer!

WOW...radical change of plan!  I saw a billboard for a Quality Inn with a heated indoor pool that is pet friendly in Ridgeland, SC...screech...we're there!  I figure I can swim today and tomorrow morning...yippee!  There's food within walking distance for dinner!  The refrig should be fine.

It's warmish by CT standards...56 degrees!  We did not hit any rain today but we may tomorrow.  The gigantic rainstorm I saw yesterday does not show up on my online weather app so crossed fingers.  

The pool was not chlorine...I suspect saltwater or maybe Baquicil.  It was warmer than I prefer but I'm not complaining.  Pippin was less than thrilled that I went in the pool and Daddy had to hold her, but Steve did the "baby walk" and she quieted down. 

So Steve's got TV (we choose not to have one in our rig) and I am going to write postcards.  Maybe we'll watch an episode of Doc Martin on the IPad?  Such possibilities!

The photo below is of the first wildlife we've seen...ha ha they probably migrated from CT for the winter!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know the Olympics opening ceremony was last night?

Interesting sidelight -- it evidently takes several hours for your posts to appear. This one was timed 2:49 but it was not there at dinner time but was before I went to bed. Go figure...

Had to look Ridgeland up on MapQuest -- must be a real swinger of a town!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good trip so far. Hopefully tomorrow you will be in Fl. Bea & Harry

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

No, I didn't know there was a delay!

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

Yep, we are in Jacksonville! 70 degrees and flea market tomorrow!