Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Night Before We Leave! 2/1/14

Ok, I have made myself crazy and a tad sick today trying to pull together all the loose ends so we can leave tomorrow.  I realized tonight that I have never gone on a one month trip...a vacation...before, and it's made me go a little bonkers!  (Uh hem, someone hasn't even packed their clothes yet and it's 9pm, and that's not me or Pippin...just sayin') 

I know, I know, whatever we don't have we'll just buy on the way, but if I can help it I'd rather spend my vacation dollars on doing fun things rather than on vitamins I forgot to pack.  In reality, we'll certainly find a Walmart or a grocery store or a consignment shop wherever we are, so I guess I need to stop stressing.  

News on the blog front is that my step-daughter taught me two important things today...how to post our photos here and how to install two features here on the right side...I can now post links, like for good campgrounds we find, and a place for anyone who wishes to sign up to follow this blog and be notified by email when there is a new blog post.  That way you won't need to remember to physically go to this blog whenever you want to check in and see what we're up to.

Much of this blog will be my way of recording how I did with my prep work, like pack more underwear but less canned soup.  Also, which routes worked well and which campgrounds were nice.  Hey, did my fellow campers know that Cracker Barrel restaurants set aside parking spaces for traveling RVers? They are all up and down the Eastern Seaboard, and would make a great dinner to boot!

We will miss everyone here in CT, but frankly CAN'T WAIT to "get on the road again"!





No comments: