Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Huntington Beach State Park, Murrells Inlet, SC

Arrived at our destination today without reservations but our friends Frank and Julie had told us that State Parks always keep a few spots open for walk-ins, and we were able to get three nights!


My family vacationed here many times when I was a kid so I have fond memories of it.  Today was the only good beach day so we did the bare minimum and then took off down the path right outside our campsite for the beach.  I was able to use my scooter for quite a way, but then I had to walk the rest with Steve on one side and a cane on the other.  If I wasn't so motivated and stubborn, i wouldn't have walked that far in the sand. If we were going to try another beach excursion here I would ask if they have a beach wheelchair...don't know why I didn't think to ask when we checked in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got in. Enjoy what you can around the cold wind...
Gram

Unknown said...

South Clarolina sounds beautiful. Take your Time coming back. We had hail today!