Friday, March 27, 2015

Virginia

It rained all night in Tennessee, but the sound was somehow comforting on the roof of our rig.  We resumed our trip eventually picking up Rt. 81 which we will follow all the way until we hit Rt. 84 that will take us right into CT.  No more tolls on the NJ Turnpike for us!

As we drove along, the landscape got more brown with the occasional greenish grass, blooming forsythia and even saw some blooming daffodils.

We pulled off at a Walmart just outside of Lexington, VA. Again, they were very accommodating. 

It is hard for me to remember since she is the ultimate lapdog that Pippin needs regular exercise, so today I took her for a walk on my scooter while Steve set the rig up.  She walks so beautifully next to my scooter, never pulling ahead or lagging behind, matching her speed with mine that I know she did this in her life before us.  She knows how to navigate my walker, always six inches from my left wheel and never getting tangled up in the wheels.  She has even been known to retrieve something small I may have dropped!  Did she live with a disabled or elderly lady who had to give her up?  If only I could get inside of her head!

Steve just ran out and took these photos of the sun setting over the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains!



3 comments:

Steve said...

Ahh, Lexington.....Birthplace of American Liberty. . . . .What ? Oh...not THAT Lexington. But pretty none the less--even in this Walmart parking lot

Camping with Robin and Steve said...

Steve finally is able to comment on the blog using his gmail account! Yeah!

Kristin said...

I hate to say it, but say goodbye to the green grass, forsythia and dafodils! We still have snow in places up here! (And did I mention more snow coming tomorrow? Could get 4+ inches, though it should melt on Sunday.) Sigh. Enjoy the drive & safe travels home!