Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pecan Park RV Resort, Jacksonville, FL

It was a short trip to drive up to Jacksonville yesterday.  After setting up, I was off to the pool!  Oh yeah, it's not heated, but I swam for an hour!  I met two nice couples who are both full-timers so that helped pass the time.

We camped here last year because it is adjacent to a big flea market that we enjoyed.  One thing we forgot was the campground is directly under the flight path of jets coming in and going out of the airport near by...luckily we hear them only during the day and not at night!

I went up to swim at about 11:30 today and Steve thought he would put in some laundry.  As he was getting that ready I noticed his jug of laundry detergent...it said Downey...I asked him, "hon, is that the detergent you have been using?"  He said, "yes, why?"  I asked him to read the label...oops...that's why our clothes have been so soft on this trip!  Maybe you don't actually need detergent to clean clothes?  

The pool today?  Frigid!  I did about ten minutes but that's all I could stand!

Forgot to mention that we finally broke down and went to Verizon and I got a smartphone, an LG Android 4G Pure Gear, and a Verizon MiFi Jet Pack hotspot.

I have barely scratched the surface of how to use my phone but we decided at some point on the trip that we really needed one.

The Hotspot works great!  We don't have enough data to watch a lot of TV or movies using it, but we can reliably and securely do what we need to do when traveling without wifi from somewhere else.

My neck and shoulder are killing me and I wonder if it's from the angle I am tilting my head down to figure out my phone???

Another change is I decided to go back on Weight Watchers Online.  There are SO MANY MIRRORS in our rig, and I noticed that I have really put on some weight!  For those who don't know, over the course of about two years I lost 50 lbs even though I have MS and was going through menopause.  I am a firm believer in WW Online, and it was time to go back.  That's another reason I wanted the smartphone...so I could track my points so much more easily!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having trouble with my phone -- if you get this before 9:00 try calling me and see what happens. Can't call out...

Otherwise, I'll go to Walmart tomorrow and get a new phone. Unless the email I sent to Tracfone is answered.

I like the name of your campground. Glad you feel better.
Gram